Chazen’s environmental and planning specialists bring a wealth of expertise to all the tasks that go into reclaiming brownfields. We help communities determine whether parcels can qualify for brownfields grants, prepare grant applications and manage remediation and planning.
By examining grant opportunities available from multiple state and federal agencies and analyzing potential tax breaks offered to redevelop brownfields, we can determine the financial viability of various redevelopment proposals. Chazen keeps abreast of all regulatory changes that impact the redevelopment of brownfields, some of which make it easier for private developers, municipalities and even non-profit groups to take on these projects. For example, New York State enacted a sweeping brownfields law in 1993 that offers grants to communities and relief from liability for owners that buy and clean up contaminated sites.
Our Brownfields Services Include:
- Brownfield grant application preparation
- Brownfield site screening and selection
- Liability and risk assessments
- Soil and groundwater analysis
- Underground storage tank (UST) removal
- Phase I-III environmental site assessment
- Remediation assessments, planning and implementations
- Environmental compliance auditing and permitting services
Chazen has a roster of completed municipal and private sector Brownfields projects, including shopping centers, former manufacturing facilities and gasoline and fueling stations.