Brown’s Beach RedevelopmentAugust 9, 2017
The Town of Stillwater acquired 7.3 acres of waterfront property on the southern end of Saratoga Lake. Known as Brown’s Beach, the property was originally established in 1918 as a family resort and historically was used as a privately-operated recreational area including at times an amusement park, beach, marina, picnic area, bath house and bed & breakfast.
Chazen worked with the Town to craft a plan to breathe new life into Brown’s Beach and provide residents and tourists with the only public beach access to Saratoga Lake. The improvements included restoration of the existing restaurant, bed and breakfast, construction of a new concession building with bathroom facilities, a new open-air waterfront pavilion, restoration of the existing marina, provisions for public access and parking, and restoration of the beach and bathing area. Chazen subsequently designed many of the improvements and provided construction services.