Retaining WallsAugust 7, 2017
Chazen prepares design and construction documents for a wide variety of retaining walls. Whether the wall system is a gravity, cantilever, secant pile, sheet pile, tieback, soil nail or mechanicalized stabilized earth using geogrids, we have the experience to identify the appropriate system to provide the optimal solution while considering aesthetics and cost.
We have worked with natural stone, gabion baskets and numerous suppliers of segmental blocks (both large and small). Chazen has the experience to incorporate tiered walls, stairs and ramps in a design which includes unique features such as waterfalls or live wall systems. Project examples include:
- Woodland Pond at New Paltz – New Paltz, NY
- Doyle Middle School – Troy, NY
- Hudson Valley Credit Union – Highland, NY
- Hudson Harbor – Tarrytown, NY
- Revere Smelting and Refining Corporation – Middletown, NY